Edinburgh has something to offer everyone, from its narrow winding streets and centuries-old buildings to its shopping opportunities and buzzing atmosphere. But this isn’t all it’s known for; Edinburgh is known for inspiring swimwear fashion trends. To find out more about this and the other trends this city has inspired, keep reading below:
What Inspires Fashion Trends?
Fashion trends are influenced by several things, including the era, the people that live there, their beliefs and the culture of that place and time.
What Recent Fashion Trends Has the City of Edinburgh Inspired?
Over the last few years, Edinburgh has inspired many fashion trends. Here are just a few of them:
- Neutral blazers – chic, yet practical, much like the residents of Edinburgh, you can’t walk down Princes Street without seeing hoards of people wearing them.
- Floral skirting – most people know that floral skirting has been popular for the past few years, but you might not know that this fashion trend started in Edinburgh. For many years now, women in Edinburgh have loved wearing floral midi skirts with tan suede boots or high Converse.
- Talking point knits – Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities in the UK, but it can also be one of the coldest. Because of this, knits have always been popular here. However, Edinburgh’s residents have moved away from bland and boring knits over the last few years and towards more vibrant, printed alternatives. These reflect the city of Edinburgh well.
- Chic flats – another thing you will have noticed if you’ve been to Edinburgh is there are a lot of hills here. So, flat shoes are a must.
- Vibrant swimwear – we will discuss this in more detail below.
How Does Edinburgh Inspire Swimwear Fashion Trends?
As mentioned above, Edinburgh is one of the main places that inspires swimwear fashion trends. Here is how:
- The use of bright colours – nowhere in the UK does bright colours like in Edinburgh. Edinburgh’s colour palette is full of vibrant colours that people love. Many of these colours are now used for designer swim trunks.
- The patterns – Edinburgh residents are well-known for wearing funky, talking point prints. This has inspired many fashion designers to design swimwear with funky prints.
The Colours of Edinburgh’s Colour Palette
The vivid colours of Edinburgh’s colour palette include:
- Dolly White – this colour was created in honour of the famous cloned sheep called Dolly.
- Arthur’s Green – this green colour reflects the city’s ancient volcano.
- Greyfriars’s Bobby – this colour is dedicated to eternal friendship. It is grey in colour.
- Leith Sunshine – this bright yellow colour was created to celebrate one of Scotland’s favourite songs.
- Festival Blue – Edinburgh is well known for its arts and culture festivals. This colour was created to celebrate this.
- Forth Bridge Red – If you’ve ever travelled to Edinburgh, chances are you’ve travelled across the Forth Bridge. This bridge is Edinburgh’s most significant landmark. Thousands of tourists travel here each year to check it out.
Edinburgh is a city renowned for its whisky and food. It is packed to the brim with some of the UK’s best Michelin-star restaurants. On top of this, it is a city that inspires others. Recently we have seen this wonderful city inspire several trends, including funky knits and swimwear fashion. We can’t wait to see what it will inspire next.