Rogue Village’s foodies’ favourite Canteen Street Food Festival returns to Archerfield Walled Garden for their 2020 spring/summer season. Canteen has firmly established itself as a firm favourite on the street food calendar with foodies, families and the country’s leading traders alike attracting 2k visitors every month. Positioning street food in a rural environment makes this a truly unique experience – juxtaposing trucks, firepits and DJs with the 18th century walled courtyard, amongst woodland trails and landscaped gardens. All within a 40-minute drive from Edinburgh.
A programme of wraparound activity ensures there’s more than food on offer, making this a great day out for young and old and plans for 2020 include a flea market, vintage car show and live music. Other monthly activities include:
• Resident DJs, Four Corners, spinning vinyl with their soundtrack spanning soul, reggae, Latin, disco and afro.
• Children can enjoy The Fairy Trail, a free enchanted woodland walk where, armed with eco-friendly fairy dust, they can discover the tiny homes and stories of the local forest folk
• Cocktail specialists include Herringbone and Poco Prosecco offer a range of seasonal cocktails
• Diners can burn off calories and try some wildlife spotting by exploring a range of walks and trails across the Archerfield Estate.
• Browse the shop and deli which stocks local produce, arts, crafts and textiles.
The important information:
Address: Archerfield Walled Garden, Archerfield Estate, Dirleton, East Lothian, EH39 5HQ
Dates: The last Saturday of the month (April – August 2020)
Saturday 25 April, 30 May, 27 June, 25 July and 29 August
Entrance Price: £1 per adult / children free (no booking required)
Canteen’s rotating roster of traders include (amongst others): Shrimpwreck | Harajuku Kitchen | | Chick & Pea | The Crema Caravan | Pizza Geeks | Bostock Bakery | Shanty Town | Sugar Daddys | Moo Pie Gelato
Rogue Village are committed to curating the very best in the Scottish street food scene but extend their reach to the North of England to bring traders that local street food enthusiasts may never have experienced. Resident DJs and Edinburgh clubland stalwarts, Four Corners, provide an eclectic carnival soundtrack incorporating reggae, funk, Latin, soul and afro,
whilst fire-pits and the smell of freshly cooked food within this unique venue all add to this sensory experience. With a lack of world food options in the region, East Lothian residents have lauded the opportunity to experience the street food boom on their doorstep. With thirteen traders every month including vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and child-friendly options, Canteen will bring over 50 different traders over the course of the season. For city and town dwellers it offers the perfect day-trip and country escape – less than 40 minutes from Edinburgh. Follow Rogue Village on Facebook and Instagram and sign up to their newsletter to learn more about forthcoming events.